The project included demolition of an existing 90,000 square foot facility to make room for the new Patient Tower which included:
• 12 Operating Room Suites
• 204 Standard Patient Rooms (21 are isolation rooms)
• Two (2) new Neuro-surgical Operating Rooms (in existing Ward Tower)
• 24 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Patient Rooms
• 58 Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Patient Rooms
• 18,000 SF Radiology Department
• 15 elevators
• Full service helipad landing
The UAMS Patient Tower project totals 660,000 square foot with a 410 bed capacity.
This project also included a new parking deck with 1,000 spaces intended primarily for patients and visitors. The deck is located on the lower floors of the new hospital and extending underground.